As I promised in my last post, here is the recipe for what is now my husband’s favorite recipe from my Keto journey! I was actually incredibly surprised by how much he loves it. You see, he is NOT a “casserole” guy. Anytime I make anything that even resembles a casserole (i.e – more than 3 ingredients mixed together in a baking dish), I get “the look” before he even tries it. I swear you guys, sometimes it’s like I have TWO 7-year olds 😉
So I hesitantly made this last week for the first time and we basically fought over the leftover (I won). Last night was our bi-monthly Life Group (Bible Study) meeting and I figured I’d give it a try on them. It’s great for a crowd because it’s pretty inexpensive per person, and I’m able to make it while my son is in school so that all I have to do is pop it in the oven when it’s time. I fed 8 adults with this recipe (feel free to halve it, or don’t and have lots of leftovers). I’m not even joking when I tell you that every single person probably told me 2 or 3 times how good it was! Food is one of my love languages, so it makes my heart happy when I can share it with others.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup Ranch dressing (I use organic with no MSG)
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages of broccoli, steamed (probably comes out to about 4 cups)
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, separated
- Cook and shred chicken breasts. I boil mine in water for 20-30 min and then shred using my Kitchenaid mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Once shredded, add 1 cup ranch dressing, mix and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam broccoli and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter.
- Add cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Whisk ingredients to combine and let simmer on low for 5 min, whisking occasionally.
- Combine chicken, broccoli and sauce in large bowl.
- Transfer to a 13 x 9 glass baking dish and top with remaining 2 cups shredded cheese.
- Cook in oven for 25 minutes, uncovered then move to top rack and broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 min before serving.
I served this with salad and rice for my boys and guests and (shocker) made myself cauliflower rice to go with it. Enjoy!!!
Cal: 397g, Fat: 29.6g, Net Carbs: 4.9, Protein: 27g