I LOVE Greek food. Like, LOVE. I think one of the hardest parts of Keto for me was giving up falafel pitas. And hummus… I do love hummus… oh, and have you ever had greek potatoes?! Anyways, I digress!
I used to make this a few years ago with brown rice instead of cauliflower rice. I’m not sure why I stopped making it, but the other day it just popped in my head that I should try it with cauliflower rice! I think I was most surprised that I nailed it on the first attempt (that doesn’t always happen…). I use frozen cauliflower from Trader Joe’s because its super easy, organic, and inexpensive. I’m sure you could do this just as easily with fresh riced cauliflower, but ain’t nobody got time for that 🙂
I love the mix of veggies (onions, zucchini and bell pepper), chicken and lots of feta. I think it all combines so nicely, but feel free to make it your own. You could add some other veggies to it, take away the feta to make it dairy-free, or remove the chicken to make it vegetarian. I’m also pretty liberal when it comes to the amount of seasoning I put in dishes, so play with that too. It’s a really versatile recipe that is definitely a crowd pleaser in my house!
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 12oz bags Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower
- 8 oz feta, crumbled
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp Greek seasoning
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the 1 tsp of greek seasoning over chicken and bake for 20 – 25 min until done.
- Once chicken is cooled, dice chicken and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil on medium high heat.
- Once melted, add in onion and bell pepper. Cook for 5 min then add in the zucchini (this cooks much faster) and cook for another 5 min until browned.
- Add in frozen cauliflower and cook until defrosted and cooked through (maybe 5-10 min)
- Remove from heat and add in 8 oz of crumbled feta, chicken, and 1 tbsp Greek seasoning.
- Pour into 8 x 11.5 glass baking dish and bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Cal: 309, Fat: 18.3g, Net Carbs: 5.2g, Protein: 28.6g